Forums

Topic: Your latest retro purchase

Posts 4,841 to 4,848 of 4,848

gcunit

@dmcc0 Sounds like you've built yourself a new Dreamcast 😜

I'm not familiar with those Kramer units. Are they meant to be good or are you just taking a punt?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

dmcc0

@gcunit Yeah, it's not far off! Still the original motherboard so in my mind it still counts as 'original hardware'.

I've seen the Kramer units mentioned in a few retro gaming discussions lately so though I'd give it a try. They're reasonably cheap used (I paid less than £40 for mine) so I figured nothing lost if it's no better than what I have - the 'spouse factor' alone in having everything going to a single box is worth it for me. My wife is constantly complaining about there being cables, converters and controllers everywhere. Less cables = happy wife in my house!

dmcc0

ShonenJump121

Untitled
I got my first Game Boy, I never owned one before. Just, the GBA I had when I was a kid. Any cool games for it that are under the radar?

Edited on by ShonenJump121

ShonenJump121

HammerGalladeBro

@ShonenJump121 My Game Boy recommendations would be:

-Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
-Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
-Any of the Pokémon versions minus Pokémon Crystal (that's a Game Boy Color exclusive, but you can play Gold and Silver on a Game Boy)
-Donkey Kong '94
-the Donkey Kong Land trilogy (though their physics aren't like the Donkey Kong Country trilogy)
-Kirby's Dream Land 2

Rusty's Real Deal Baseball is now a hidden gem of the Nintendo 3DS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0197-9566-9983 | 3DS Friend Code: 2251-9732-5870 | My Nintendo: AlexHGB | Nintendo Network ID: AHammerGalladeB

ShonenJump121

HammerGalladeBro wrote:

@ShonenJump121 My Game Boy recommendations would be:
-Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
-Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
-Any of the Pokémon versions minus Pokémon Crystal (that's a Game Boy Color exclusive, but you can play Gold and Silver on a Game Boy)
-Donkey Kong '94
-the Donkey Kong Land trilogy (though their physics aren't like the Donkey Kong Country trilogy)
-Kirby's Dream Land 2

Thank you!

ShonenJump121

Ryu_Niiyama

Finally picked up god hand. It was the only clover game I was missing.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

dmcc0

Picked up a rather random bundle quite cheap on eBay that contained (all untested): A Sega Master System Light Phaser, a transparent Blue Dreamcast Controller, a Mega Drive 1, a Mega Drive 2 and a 3rd Party Mega Drive controller.

• I'll re-sell the Light phaser as I've not got a CRT to play on (or a Master System!).
  • Dreamcast controller looks in pretty good condition, but the D-Pad and a couple of buttons stick a bit,
    so probably just needs a bit of a clean. I might keep it if it cleans up OK and get rid of one of my
    regular white ones.
  • MD1 seems to work fine, but the power connector is loose - powers off when I wiggle the cable - so
    I'll open it up and have a check the solder joints etc and give it a good clean.
  • MD2 power LEDs come on, but no picture. Will have to investigate this one a bit more.
  • MD pad isn't the best, but it works - will likely just clean it up and sell with one of the MDs (assuming I
    get them both working properly).

dmcc0

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic