Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life gaming quiz - Top 100 High Score for 2023

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 1,131

Dogorilla

I didn't actually know Tetra Master got its own release. Looking forward to the final quiz!

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

BabyYoda71

This is definitely the most points I’ve scored, and the closest I’ve come to the top 100, so I’ll take it

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Bunkerneath

10? Woohoo, better than I thought.
Sad only one left, surely someone else can pick up the mantel?

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Mr_Horizon

Snatcher wrote:

yaaay I am so happy to be able to participate this time! Thank you for reminding me!

You will get a reminder for quiz #100 as well.

Dogorilla wrote:

I didn't actually know Tetra Master got its own release. Looking forward to the final quiz!

I was originally just looking for any Final Fantasy card minigame. Tetra Master was an online game and is no longer available... here is a link: https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Tetra_Master_(PlayOnline)

To quote that page, Tetra Master was a game available to play from the PlayOnline service on PlayStation 2 and Microsoft Windows.

Bunkerneath wrote:

Sad only one left, surely someone else can pick up the mantel?

I'm not sure anyone would be willing / crazy enough to manage almost 30 Forums to continue this project. But I can imagine some of the more active communities posting some quizzes of their own!

The last quiz will be posted on the 1st of January - happy holidays everyone! ^_^

Edited on by Mr_Horizon

Mr_Horizon

Bunkerneath

@Mr_Horizon 30 forums? You mad man, wish I was following from the first one.
We can but hope someone does something similar in the future
Also, Thank you so much for doing them

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

lifer

Looking forward to the final quiz #100. Will it be a best-of? Will it be extra tough? Don't know, but I'll join for the occasion with a bit of knowledge and a lot of searching the internet.

It's really amazing that you managed to keep this going and growing for ten years, @Mr_Horizon ! Thank you!

lifer

CaleBoi25

What is this and can I join? Sounds fun!

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Sorry, I can't stop changing my PFP!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

dmcc0

@CaleBoi25 It's a monthly quiz that @Mr_Horizon has been doing for a while over a number of forums and it's good fun. Essentially guess the games from the (usually themed) screenshots. Anyone is free to participate, although I'm embarrassed to say I usually don't - mainly because I normally read the forum in my lunch break & skim through the pictures and think "I'll have a proper look later" and totally forget!

Only problem is that Mr_Horizon is 'retiring' soon and the next quiz in January is the final one 😞

dmcc0

CaleBoi25

@dmcc0 Sounds fun! I'll be planning to participate in the farewell game!

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Sorry, I can't stop changing my PFP!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

Mr_Horizon

Untitled

Soon the final round will begin... Quiz #100!

Mr_Horizon

GrailUK

@Mr_Horizon Happy New Year Mr Horizon. What you have been doing was truely legendary

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Mr_Horizon

Untitled

January Quiz - Musicians

Here it is finally, Quiz #100.

In this round you have to recognise the game that the pictured musicians appear in - be it a guitar-wielding protagonist, a cool sci-fi DJ or the medieval band of a fantasy RPG.
There was some speculation about a special theme for the last round, but in the end I didn't follow through with any of these ideas - so no "Game Over" screens, no defeated player characters (I don't want to end with a corpse quiz ) and no "best of" either.

Nevertheless, there is something special about this round, as you can win up to five (!) bonus points. You can see the first four in the entry form, but the fifth one is different:

If this forum manages to surpass its highest number of participants, every player from here gets a bonus point.

For the NintendoLife forum this number is: NINE (October 2022)

For all this effort, there is also something to win this time:

1x Neo Geo Mini from the admins of the Maniac Forum
1x 50€ Mystery Box from "www.retroplace.com - Your marketplace for video games & consoles"
1x ATARI: Art and Design of Video Games. The translator Stephan Freundorfer is publishing the "Prince of Persia" diaries together with the game designer Jordan Mechner in April this year.

Prizes will be raffled among the top 50, legal recourse is excluded.

The deadline for entries is Wednesday 31st of January, please join via http://www.retrogamequiz.com/

Here is the (last!) quiz:
Untitled
Direct link: https://c.l3n.co/i/3NcWXe.png

Edited on by Mr_Horizon

Mr_Horizon

Mr_Horizon

January Quiz - Clues #1

We are in the last round, fifty players are already participating... who is still missing?
Are you waiting for a few clues so that you can join in? Then I better not keep you waiting any longer:

1) Game #4 has a female main character, the screenshot shows the sound menu.
2) Picture number 6 shows the tutorial of a very wacky Japanese music game (Sony exclusive).
3) In the intro of the home computer game #19 from the late 80s, this guy plays in a full-screen band.
4) The #8 is a new-ish platformer in which you help a young guitarist with his self-discovery.

...don't forget there's prizes this time:

1x Neo Geo Mini
1x 50€ Mystery Box from www.retroplace.com
1x ATARI: Art and Design of Video Games

These will be raffled among the top 50.

The deadline is Wednesday 31st of January, participation via http://www.retrogamequiz.com/

Here is the quiz again: https://c.l3n.co/i/3NcWXe.png

Mr_Horizon

Mr_Horizon

January Quiz - Clues #2

This is the very last clue post, in the very last round... so now it's definitely time to join, or are you really gonna miss this?? Seventy-five people had enough FOMO to already submit their entries - you do however still have time until next WEDNESDAY.

Here we go:

1) Game 20 is from a German developer whose last title was a big disappointment.
2) Number 11 is a racing game from the 90s.
3) In picture 14, you are controlling a well-known superhero.
4) Title 16 is an RPG based on D&D.

Besides the FOUR bonus points from the additional questions, don't forget the "bonus point for all":
If this forum manages to surpass its highest number of participants, every player from here gets a bonus point.

The deadline is next Wednesday the 31st January, participation via http://www.retrogamequiz.com/

Here is the quiz again: https://c.l3n.co/i/3NcWXe.png

Mr_Horizon

Atomic77

Hmm.

Atomic77
Nintendo Switch OLED Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Edition Gamer

Mr_Horizon

January Quiz - final call

This is the last call for my very last quiz - Come Wednesday night EVERYTHING will end!

There are already well over a hundred people participating, including SIX from NintendoLife.

Alright, do you want the crowd bonus point for this forum? You have to be at least NINE people.

@Atomic77 - what's that "Hmm"... how about you play as well?

Here are all NintendoLife users who have ever participated in this series (people without the "@" have already joined):

@Anti-Matter
@Apportal
BabyYoda71
@BabyYoshi12
@Blooper987
@BrainOfGrimlock
@BruceCM
@Bunkerneath
@CactusMan
Charlix12323
@DarkMatter
dmcc0
Dogorilla
@Fizza
@FriedSquid
@GrailUK
@Ignatius_Cheese
@JoakimZ
@Krull
@Late
@lifer
@Link3710
@Matt_Barber
Minecraftemery
@Moroboshi876
@MysticGengar
@NaviAndMii
@Pirate_Capn
@PolarExperience
@ReaderRagfish
@ReadytoShock
@ScottNintendo
@scrummer03
@skywake
@Snatcher
StarPoint
@Teksetter
@TheBigBlue
@WaffleKnight

So who else is joining? It really is the last round!

Deadline is Wednesday the 31st of January, participation via http://www.retrogamequiz.com/

And here it is one last time, the final quiz: https://c.l3n.co/i/3NcWXe.png

Edited on by Mr_Horizon

Mr_Horizon

Matt_Barber

I've just put mine in.

Anyone else? Surely we all know that first game on here.

Matt_Barber

Dogorilla

I of course know the first one but I think I would have got #4 wrong if it weren't for the clues, which would have been embarrassing for team Nintendo Life!

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

dmcc0

I submitted my initial answers but haven't had time to go back and revise after seeing the various clues - won't have time before the deadline now.

I'd just like to thank @Mr_Horizon for organising these quizzes. I may not always enter, but I do check them out every month. They will be missed.

dmcc0

BabyYoda71

@Dogorilla The clue for #4 has thoroughly thrown me off, so sorry in advance Team Nintendo Life

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic