Forums

Topic: The Chit-Chat Thread

Posts 96,601 to 96,620 of 96,628

Groovz

I just graduated from college and bought a PS Vita, N64, and Dreamcast to celebrate!

Groovz

jedgamesguy

Started a new chapter on my book today... the gaming layoffs make Nintendo look less crummy than Microsoft and Sony for sure lmao

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Anti-Matter

I choose to stay away from discussion about Nintendo Direct June 2024 and the speculations as I became less engaged with Nintendo Switch in term of its 3rd party games that have the worst specs / treatment so I became less interested to anticipate the upcoming 3rd party games on Switch as I will use the announcement of 3rd party multi console games as the skipping stone to get the PS4 / PS5 version if available rather than getting the Switch version.
And for 1st party Nintendo games for Switch, I personally don't really have strong interest with certain of them.
I have low hype with Mario games, Kirby games.
I have no interest with Zelda, Metroid games, rhythm heaven games, punch out games, fire emblem games, older Animal Crossing games with antic restrictions.
I didn't grew up by N64, GameBoy, GBC, GBA, GameCube.
Since I didn't grew up by most 1st party Nintendo games that peoples here really hyped on, I will give low hype reaction to upcoming 1st party Nintendo games. I don't even have interest to think the possibilities of their new 1st party games.
New Mario games ? I will say okay... (Energy level = 10%)
New Kirby games? Okay... (Energy level = 10%)
New Zelda games? I don't even care (Energy level = 0%)
The only I will react positively:
ARMS 2 ? OMG...!!! (Energy level = 1000%)
New Animal Crossing game in 3D Open World? OMG...!!! (Energy level = 2000%)
New Mii games? OMG...!!! (Energy level = 1000%)
New 1-2-Switch games again? OMG...!!! (Energy level = 2000%)

I'm different.

Anti-Matter

Yousef-

Anti-Matter wrote:

I choose to stay away from discussion about Nintendo Direct June 2024 and the speculations as I became less engaged with Nintendo Switch in term of its 3rd party games that have the worst specs / treatment so I became less interested to anticipate the upcoming 3rd party games on Switch as I will use the announcement of 3rd party multi console games as the skipping stone to get the PS4 / PS5 version if available rather than getting the Switch version.
And for 1st party Nintendo games for Switch, I personally don't really have strong interest with certain of them.
I have low hype with Mario games, Kirby games.
I have no interest with Zelda, Metroid games, rhythm heaven games, punch out games, fire emblem games, older Animal Crossing games with antic restrictions.
I didn't grew up by N64, GameBoy, GBC, GBA, GameCube.
Since I didn't grew up by most 1st party Nintendo games that peoples here really hyped on, I will give low hype reaction to upcoming 1st party Nintendo games. I don't even have interest to think the possibilities of their new 1st party games.
New Mario games ? I will say okay... (Energy level = 10%)
New Kirby games? Okay... (Energy level = 10%)
New Zelda games? I don't even care (Energy level = 0%)
The only I will react positively:
ARMS 2 ? OMG...!!! (Energy level = 1000%)
New Animal Crossing game in 3D Open World? OMG...!!! (Energy level = 2000%)
New Mii games? OMG...!!! (Energy level = 1000%)
New 1-2-Switch games again? OMG...!!! (Energy level = 2000%)

I'm different.

I actually understand and relate to feeling of frustration and feeling like migrating to a new system. In my ps4 days, I got sick of the poor 1st and 3rd party selection. Mostly the latter, so I moved to the Xbox series which had a great selection of 360 games third party.

I frankly think switch 2 is likely gonna be a slightly better switch with minimum changes. So I’ll stay in steam deck land.

Phoenix Wrong

My discord is “yousef.” All lowercases with a fullstop at the end. Send a friend request if you like and join my Yakuza server if you want.

Eel

I finally got back into Resident Evil 5, collected all the medals, and beat the last chapter.

Didn’t expect the big reward for beating the game to be the option of playing as the companion.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@Yousef-
I have a lot of PS4 games collection.
All kids games on PS4 like Harvest Moon One World, Story of Seasons games, Portal Knights, Dragon Quest Builders games, Paw Patrol games, My Universe games, Yonder the Cloud Catcher Chronicles, etc with a few Teen games like The Sims 4, FF XII TZA, Override, Autobahn 2,

Anti-Matter

Croctopus

I had a BIZARRE Nintendo dream last night that I just can't resist sharing. I love having dreams, and they're extra special when they feature characters.

With all the talk lately about a Nintendo Direct in June, of course I had a dream like this. I was watching a Direct at some kind of expo. A new Mario Party was revealed that had every major female Super Mario character you might think of, like the princesses, their baby versions, and Pauline. The Star Spirits (or Star Guards) from Mario Party 5 return as the hosts, and the game's presentation felt similar to 5's in general. But there were WarioWare-style microgames rather than Mario Party minigames. Frye from Splatoon 3 was a playable crossover character...

The best part of the dream was that at the end, it revealed a new Splatoon spin-off game starring Deep Cut in a cool hand-drawn art style. It looked WILD. Shiver and Frye were playable, though I didn't see Big Man. The gameplay felt like a side-scrolling hack 'n slash with staple Splatoon mechanics like inking. The end of the trailer showed DJ Octavio stealing from Deep Cut's treasure hoard, implying that he's the bad guy. He was wearing a moustache for some odd reason. This was just a dream, after all.

Whenever I get amazing Nintendo dreams like this or ones with Disney characters, I make sure to take notes the next day so I can always go back to remember them. No, I don't get normal dreams like flying, falling, or talking animals!

Whirling Deep Cut Fan
Team Bucket List: Die for Frye

Switch Friend Code: SW-6880-0040-8826 | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

@Croctopus
I have some funny facts about certain Nintendo games.
Despite I shown low hype with games like Mario / Kirby, I still get those games but really late and not in heartbeat as I still have low interest with those franchise.
And after I finished those games, I rarely (or almost never) replayed them again.

Even there will be new Mario games or new Kirby games from Direct in June 2024, my reaction will be not really excited, just very low energy to react those games. Even I wasn't really shocked when TTYD on Switch get announced as I already have the GameCube version. I just said like this from my reaction "Is that TTYD?"

Anti-Matter

Yousef-

@Anti-Matter that’s a pretty good collection. I mostly only have first party games physically.

Phoenix Wrong

My discord is “yousef.” All lowercases with a fullstop at the end. Send a friend request if you like and join my Yakuza server if you want.

Sunsy

Bit of a busy week between chores and errands I had to do. However I did get to see the new Knuckles series with my friend. Ordered some pizza and watched all six episodes. We both loved it. Made me play some Sonic Superstars last night. Also did a small bit of shopping for mother's day.

Tyranexx wrote:

@Sunsy It is very rare that I have guests stay over, but it's nice to have the option. I'm saddened to read your mom has health issues; I hope it isn't anything overly chronic and is manageable. You don't need to elaborate if you don't want to as I know these matters can be private ones.

Seems like you have plenty of decent places within walking distance! Dollar General is okay in a pinch, but they aren't the most optimal. They're the new McDonald's or Subway in my region; they are popping up everywhere. It could be worse though; at least I don't have to drive an hour or more like a handful of people to even access decent food.

It's alright, mostly the usual stuff from being older. I've been helping her for years.

It's nice, I usually like going for pizza monthly, but also it's great for bread, milk, and even cold cuts mom and I need. It sometimes beat having to use the home delivery services the local supermarket has and it gets me out of the house as well. Nice, I think I've seen a Dollar General where I live, but it's surprisingly further away. The closest Dollar store near me is Dollar Tree, though I haven't been to it in over a year. Last time I was there I bought a marker and a Trolls reusable shopping bag.

MarioVillager92 wrote:

@Sunsy It's most likely gonna be the Switch version for me. Unless I go to a Dave & Busters or something, but my area doesn't have a D&B.

Thanks. I had a few more rough days earlier, unfortunately... but I'm getting better now!

Yeah it did look quite a lot different from a lot of the other shooters at the time. I've heard people say "kills" for when you shoot down an enemy player, though Splatoon calls them "splats." Love the NES Zapper guns too, the N-Zap '85 is one of my best weapons in Splatoon 3. S3 also has the Super Scope, which I like using sometimes.

I'd like to play the DX version as well sometime. Oh gotcha, yeah I guess I lucked out in my area, lol. There's even a PlayChoice-10 here, which I did get to try out! I did like playing it, they're NES games except that you're using an arcade joystick and buttons. I adapted to it quite well, since I've previously played other arcade games like Ms. Pac-Man and Galaga. My arcade even has Hang-On, that motorcycle racing game from Sega. Kinda wish my arcade has Daytona USA though, I'd love to play that. Your arcade still sounds pretty good, that Rampage ticket redemption game does sound cool. Actually, I wouldn't mind playing a Dance Dance Revolution machine sometime, just to try one out.

I've not played Star Fox Zero in a long time. I remember the controls were a bit tricky to get used to. Yeah that's a good way to put it, having 8-bit demakes of music like Green Hill Zone for example.

Me too. I think I made like three mistakes in that detective level, lol.

You're welcome. Hope you get better, glad you are a bit better.

Yeah, I'm just old school thanks to Quake and Doom, lol. It is "splats" in Splatoon. I love the fact the Super Scope is in Splatoon 3. I always use the N-Zap, I just love how it's literally just the NES Zapper.

Playchoice 10, I think a pizzeria where I use to live actually had one of those. I remember finding an arcade machine with Super Mario 3, and it was one of those machines. That reminds me too, I once played a Vs. Super Mario Bros. machine. I think the boardwalk I went to in NJ had a Super Hang On machine, though I don't think I played it, but I remember walking past it once. The bowling alley I went to had Daytona USA and I played that one a lot. The arcade I went to is more of a local place with indoor rides too, but it's fun and I'm glad it exists because boy I missed arcade games.

I've only played through Star Fox Zero once, I liked it. Yeah, it was an oddity with the Dreamcast Smash Pack, it did the 8-bit music for all the Genesis games on that collection. It was the first time I played Phantasy Star II, and when I played the GBA port, the music felt different. I never played Phantasy Star II or its other games on an actual Sega system.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Anti-Matter

@Sunsy
Hey, long time no see.
Speaking about Pizza, we have this menu from Pizza Hut Indonesia.
Untitled

Pizza with overflow melted cheese.

Btw, will you watch Garfield 2024 movie in late May 2024 ?

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter As a lover of many cheeses (as long as they aren't too sharp), that looks delicious! I do hope your art presentation project is going well.

@Sunsy Dollar Tree does exist here, but it's in a part of town I don't go to very often due to the traffic. I will sometimes drop by there for a card or a couple essentials if I need them and am in the area for a haircut. I actually bought my Mother's Day card from there.

I'm sure your mom appreciates it when you help her out.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Anti-Matter

@Tyranexx
I still working on my storytelling project.
Just a few more characters to add, finish all the backgrounds and the supportive properties then I can start to print, cut, laminate and cut.

Anti-Matter

Sunsy

@Anti-Matter Yeah, I've been busy offline. Between chores and errands I had to do. That's a lot of cheese.

I would love to, but don't think I'll be able to. My friend and I both want to see IF (Imaginary Friends), it looks like a good wholesome movie, we'll probably go see that. In June, I'm planning to buy some new Trolls shirts for the summer, I don't think a movie would be in my budget until July. I might miss out on Garfield and Inside Out 2. I may go see Depsicable Me 4, provided nothing happens in July. I do like the Despicable Me movies. Between the three new animated movies, I'd like to see all of them eventually, even if I can't make it to some of them in a theater.

Also, I don't drive. So if I see a movie, I have to keep in mind not only a ticket, but a Lyft ride, in my budget. When I went to see Trolls Band Together on early access day, I had to use Lyft to make it to the theater.

@Tyranexx Nice! That's what I did yesterday, I got my mom a card for mother's day. That sounds kind of like me. Whenever I get my haircut, I always try to do an errand or two.

Indeed she does. Now I'm just waiting for Mother's Day to come.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

Tyranexx

@Anti-Matter Sounds like some great progress! I am sure you will finish in time.

@Sunsy Made out my card today, now just to pick up my pre-ordered box of goodies tomorrow during the specified pickup window. It's supposed to be a collection of scones, muffins, cookies, and cake pops. I think chocolate-covered expresso beans too, which mom isn't quite into, but I might slip them out of the box unless it's sealed. I'm pretty sure she'll pawn them off on me anyway lol. Neither of my parents are coffee people; I am one to an extent, but I acquired the taste and can (usually) function without it. Usually I just drink it for a kick in the rear some mornings. Other times I just rely on mild teas or plain H20.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

MarioVillager92

It's National Train Day... so here's a pic of my Animal Crossing self posing next to my train! All aboard!
Untitled

@Tyranexx Thanks, I'm glad I'm feeling better too. Things are improving now, which I'm definitely happy for... hopefully things will continue to go that direction! Got to play Animal Crossing for a bit, and took the above picture for National Train Day, and that got me in a good mood! Mother's Day is coming on Sunday too, and I can't wait to see how the cake will turn out. I'd also like to make a card, and I'm thinking of seeing a movie with Mom, as well.

Teddy bears are indeed awesome, I agree right there! Mom got me a teddy for Valentine's Day a few years ago, and I've named him as well... his name is Todd. I have a picture of him if you'd like me to show you! I also have another, smaller teddy that I've gotten from a railroad museum, who wears a train engineer outfit. (Happy National Train Day!) That's cool you're still keeping Bear and a few other favorites of yours! I have a Mickey Mouse plush as well - you may recall seeing him in one of my previous posts - and of course, I have a lot of Mario plushes too.

It's weird that physics is mega hard, even for me... I know how to use the formulas and everything, but it just gets so hard a lot of the time, where I'd not know how to use certain units and things like that! It's a little hard to explain. But yeah, physics is brutally difficult, and I thought word problems in math were hard enough, lol. Yeah, adolescence was difficult for me as well... my teenage years were not great at times, as I've mentioned before. Exactly, I've seen it all before, where society makes it so that people have to look "perfect" or something like that. While I do think health is important, bullying others for their weight is just uncool - obviously, that just makes them feel worse! I'm on a similar situation with the negative thoughts... I sometimes have trouble sleeping because of them as well. You know, that's funny you mentioned burying some of your emotions, I had a similar mindset when I was a teenager. Where I'd try to act "cool" and tried liking things that folks my age considered "cool." Mainly stuff meant for teens and adults. It was definitely harder for me, since I am indeed a guy! I do like some mature things, but I'm proud to still love the stuff that Nintendo and Disney makes, and if people don't like it, that's their problem, not mine. Agreed for sure, it definitely says a lot about them if they use that word in a rude manner. I've known other folks on the spectrum, and they're honestly pretty cool people.

That's good. Yeah, it's good to have boundaries, I can get a bit upset if someone's being bad to me. That's great, I can be a bit shy, at least with meeting new people, but I think my eye contact has improved quite a bit over the years too. I'm decent with conversations too, though I can be slow with talking as I think of what I wanna say. I can overthink sometimes, lol. Same here, I also like a mix of cute and not-so-cute things. That's cool, Kirby Super Star is a good game for sure! I got into Kirby kind of late, with Kirby 64 being my first game. Kirby didn't appeal to me when I was in my single digits, I was way more into Mario, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong when I was a kid. Aww, thank you, and anytime... glad I could have quality conversations with you as well!

Oh that's cool they made some QoL improvements. It's been a long time since I played Bowser's Inside Story, but yeah, I do remember having to blow into the mic to do Bowser's fire breath in the giant battles. On a side note, my posts tend to be a bit short and sweet in the "Games You Recently Beat" thread, lol.

@Sunsy Thank you, things are improving on my end now. I'm excited for Mother's Day... I'm getting my mom a cake and I can't wait to see how it'll turn out. I'd like to make a card for her, too. Got to play Animal Crossing for a bit and took the above picture, since today's National Train Day, and that also got me feeling pretty good!

Me too. The Super Scope is called the S-Blast in Splatoon 3, and is part of the blaster class of weapons. It fires a lot slower than shooters, but it's mega powerful, and can splat an opponent in one hit with good aim. I try to mix things up, at least in regular Turf War matches... I've gotten surprisingly good with a charger a few times. In Splatfests and Ranked Battles, I pick whichever weapon I'm good at using.

That's awesome, I've also played Super Mario Bros. 3 in my arcade's PlayChoice-10 machine too! If I recall correctly, SMB3 came out on the PlayChoice-10 before it came out in cartridge form on the NES. Gosh, thanks for sparking my memory, my arcade also had a Vs. Super Mario Bros. machine! It's quite a bit different from the original NES version, and I also have Vs. SMB downloaded on my Switch. I don't recall seeing a Super Hang-On machine, I only played the Sega Genesis version years ago. That's cool, I do at least have Daytona USA downloaded on my PS3, and my uncle used to have it for his Sega Saturn, too. That does sound like a cool place, sounds like it's an indoor amusement park.

I only played a bit of Phantasy Star IV. It's a series I'm curious about, but being RPGs, I'm not sure if I have the commitment to really dive into them anytime soon, lol. Maybe one day. How did you like Phantasy Star II? I may try it out sometime, though apparently it's not in the Genesis app on NSO - only PSIV is.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Anti-Matter

Good night.
I have spent a lot of hours in front of my laptop to design the characters for my storytelling and looks like I can work on making the backgrounds and various stuffs tomorrow.
My head felt dizzy. 🥴
I still have to think again what it looks like the backgrounds for tomorrow.
I have to finish all the background due tomorrow so I can print all of them on Monday and Tuesday.

Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Good morning.
Now I'm using my laptop for continuing my storytelling project.
I must work for at least 12 hours to finish all the backgrounds and various stuffs.
Focus Mode ON. 💪

Anti-Matter

Pastellioli

Happy Saturday (or Sunday)! How is everyone’s day today?

I’m doing well, better than last week luckily! It is not Mother’s Day yet (at least where I live) but I drew and wrote on a card and gave it to my mom, and she really liked it. I had fun drawing on the card, but I think I maybe overdid it… the art took so much space up on the left of the card so I had little space to write a message on it. We still plan on doing festivities tomorrow, but we decided to do some things already to get it out of the way, since some of my family members are going to be busy tomorrow. I’m pretty happy right now

Edited on by Pastellioli

Viva happy!

My profile pic looks off-center and it bothers me :(

Currently playing: Rare Replay, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Conker: Live and Reloaded

Current hyperfixation: Conker’s Bad Fur Day

Eel

Huh. It had been a while since I last played Phantasy Star II on my iPad, so I launched it today to see where I was last time I played, and much to my surprise, it seems the app is now discontinued… And It’s odd, but this actually…. Improved the app?

For some background info, I played the games in free ads-supported mode- never actually paid for the premium unlock. But now that the app is discontinued and can’t be downloaded by new customers, on my iPad it now just plays without ads, online requirements, nor in game purchases.

It effectively became three truly free full classic RPGs.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic